Attractions Of North East & Erie, PA
Clement’s Lake Erie Cottages are located 18 miles east of downtown Erie, in scenic North East, PA. Our location in Lake Erie Wine Country offers a relaxing getaway in the peaceful surroundings of the Lake Erie coast, miles of vineyards, orchards, and wineries. The quaint Victorian town of North East is just 3 miles away.
10 wineries in North East, PA are located within 8 miles of our homes. Mazza Winery, South Shore Wine Company, Yori Wine Cellars, Penn Shore Winery, Presque Isle Wine Cellars, Courtyard Wineries, Lakeview Wine Cellars, Arundel Cellars, Heritage Winery, Arrowhead Winery. 6 Mile Cellars is in Harborcreek. Additional wineries are located just across the New York state border: Mazza Five & 20 Spirits and Brewing, Noble Winery, Quincy Wine Cellars, Johnson Estate Winery, Vetter Vineyards, and 21 Brix. Wine trail events are planned throughout the year. Find more information here: www.lakeeriewinecountry.org.
North East, PA Restaurants
In North East, PA:
- Noosa North East at the North East Marina, amazing lake views (1.4 miles from cottages)
- Freeport Restaurant & Tavern – an iconic lake-themed restaurant (1.25 miles from cottages)
- Johnny B’s – made from scratch sauces and soups (3 miles from cottages)
- Michael’s Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria – the only local pizza delivery; or eat-in and select your own bottle of wine from the adjacent Yori Wine Cellars. (3 miles from cottages)
- The Skunk & Goat Tavern – nice bar and lounge area (3 miles from cottages)
- The Straw Hat Sundae Shop – Offering Penn State Creamery Ice Cream and doggie sundaes (5 miles from cottages)
- Little Shop of Donuts – pick your own toppings – a fun experience (3 miles from cottages)
Presque Isle State Park
Presque Isle State Park is Pennsylvania’s most visited state park and for good reason. The Park offers something amazing for everyone.
Are you active? The 13 mile paved trail around the Park offers spectacular scenery for running, walking, rollerblading, skateboarding, and cycling. The eleven sandy beaches will make you wonder why you haven’t visited before. Bring your own kayaks, canoes, paddleboards, jetskis, or floats or rent kayaks or canoes, and more from the Presque Isle Boat Livery.
Bird watching is very popular and the variety of birds is quite unique due to the location of Presque Isle on the Atlantic Flyaway. Walking trails abound within and around the Park.
For the less active, a drive around the Park is gorgeous any time of year with the bay on one side of the Park and Lake Erie on the other side. Try a drive at dusk or dawn to spot wildlife as they come out to hunt for food. History buffs can enjoy learning about the importance of the Park in the Battle of 1812. The Perry Monument, Misery Bay, and the Flagship Niagara are all part of the story.
Don’t miss the beautiful sunsets. Stay and play on the beach while watching the sun set into the lake.
Stop at the Tom Ridge Environmental Center on your way into the Park. This is a museum-like experience with free admission.
You can find slot machines and table games, live music and night life, buffets and fancy restaurants, as you would expect at a casino. But in the summer you can also enjoy the horse racing on the outdoor track, a family friendly event. Many children and teens enjoy seeing the horses and even picking a favorite horse to win.
Erie’s Waldameer Amusement Park & Water World
Waldameer is both an amusement park and water park. Admission to the amusement park is free. If you are a parent who does not plan to ride, you can enjoy being in the amusement park with your kids without having to pay. New attractions are added each year. In the past few years, a new wave pool was added, along with kiddie-sized water rides. You can purchase food inside the park, or bring a cooler and eat under one of several covered picnic shelters.
North East & Erie Museums
Lake Shore Railway Museum in North East, PA
Family Friendly Activities
Looking for things to do with your family in Lake Erie Wine Country?
Come Sail Away
Proximity Of North East and Erie Attractions From Clement’s Lake Erie Cottages
- Wineries – 0.5 miles and farther (open year round!)
- Freeport Public Beach and Halli Reid Park (beach playground) – 1.3 miles
- North East Marina – 1.4 miles (boat launch, slips, fishing charters, bait, tackle, PA fishing licenses)
- 16 Mile Creek – 1.5 mi (steelhead fishing)
- 20 Mile Creek – 2 mi (steelhead fishing)
- Shopping in North East Business District (antiques, restaurants, coffee shop, gift shops) – 3 miles
- Lakeside Golf Course – 3 mi
- North East Lanes (bowling) – 4 miles
- Hot Dog Hut & Putt – 4 miles (Mini Golf & concessions)
- Green Meadows Golf Course – 6 miles
- Lake Erie Speedway – 9 miles
- Double DAB Scenic Trail Rides, Pony Rides and Petting Zoo – 10 miles (Horses)
- Grape Discovery Center – 13 miles (wine tasting, gift shop, exhibits, educational)
- Five & 20 Spirits Whiskey Distillery & Beer -13 miles
- Tallship Niagara & Maritime Museum – 18 miles
- Dobbin’s Landing (Erie’s Public Dock) – 18 miles
- Scallywags Pirate Cruise Ship – 18 Miles (at Dobbin’s Landing)
- Victorian Princess Cruise -18 Miles (at Dobbin’s Landing)
- Harbor View Mini Golf -18 Miles (at Dobbin’s Landing)
- Presque Isle Downs & Casino, Erie -19 miles
- Crossroads Farm & Craft Market-Westfield NY – 19 miles
- Erie Zoo & Botanical Gardens – 20 miles LOVE THIS!
- Peek n Peak Golf, Ski, Mountain Adventures (ziplines, rope bridges, spa, segway) – 16 mi.
- Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park, Erie – 22 miles
- Waldameer Amusement & Water Park, Erie – 22 miles
- Tom Ridge Environmental Center, Erie – 22 miles (great for a rainy day)
- Presque Isle State Park – 23 miles (LOVE THIS)
- Millcreek Mall -23 miles
- Chautauqua Institution, NY – 27 miles
- Panama Rocks, NY – 30 miles (beautiful hiking)
- Sunset Drive-In Movie Theatre – 30 Miles
- Grove City Outlet Mall, PA – 90 miles
- Niagara Falls, NY – 99 miles